Updated layout

Go down

Updated layout

Post  Progurt on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm playing around with and tweaking layouts. I liked the colors of the old one but they were hard to read.
avatar
Progurt
Admin

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile http://socialistrifleman.forumstopic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  comedian on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Kudos on the new title page photo!
Maybe we could have a new one every month...
avatar
comedian

Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-07-20
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  comedian on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:26 am

Some more thoughts on the layout:
1) I like the new picture. But a lot of us are not associated with the CNT. Maybe another pic can be added with some commies in it. Or one pic with both, like the No Passaran poster I put up in the Humor section. Hell, that would almost be ideal- it has two anarchists, one of whom is a woman, and a socialist from the U.G.T. on it.
Three birds with one stone.
2) The name might have to change. I'm working on a new one. The bullying makes me want to dig in my heels, too, and I'm not fond of the liberal bourgeoise invention known as identity politics, but merely from a propaganda standpoint the critics have a point.
Here's some ideas:
Second Amendment Socialists
Comrades With Arms

Feel free to come up with your own. Or to go apeshit with frustration because I want to continually change things.
avatar
comedian

Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-07-20
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  Progurt on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 pm

comedian wrote:Some more thoughts on the layout:
1) I like the new picture. But a lot of us are not associated with the CNT. Maybe another pic can be added with some commies in it. Or one pic with both, like the No Passaran poster I put up in the Humor section. Hell, that would almost be ideal- it has two anarchists, one of whom is a woman, and a socialist from the U.G.T. on it.
Three birds with one stone.
Pretty sure you can change the image Very Happy

I had the picture of Malcolm X up there and not all of us are black, and Malcolm X was not a socialist as far as I know.
comedian wrote:2) The name might have to change. I'm working on a new one. The bullying makes me want to dig in my heels, too, and I'm not fond of the liberal bourgeoise invention known as identity politics, but merely from a propaganda standpoint the critics have a point.
Here's some ideas:
Second Amendment Socialists
Comrades With Arms
As I mentioned here, there's technical issues with trying to change the name now. Without breaking any links to this place that myself and others have already shared, the only other option would be to keep the link and change the posted name up at the top, but I doubt this would be enough to satisfy the bullies, who are looking for any reason to condemn us and will probably find one.
avatar
Progurt
Admin

Posts : 249
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile http://socialistrifleman.forumstopic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  comedian on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Yeah, you're right about the name.
As for the pic, we can go back to my rotation idea.
As for the bullying, its amusing to see people work themselves up into a frothing rage over nothing.
avatar
comedian

Posts : 125
Join date : 2012-07-20
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  gendoikari87 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:57 pm

comedian wrote:Yeah, you're right about the name.
As for the pic, we can go back to my rotation idea.
As for the bullying, its amusing to see people work themselves up into a frothing rage over nothing.

yeah I still can't figure out why they even care about our little site.
avatar
gendoikari87

Posts : 209
Join date : 2012-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  Sonofagun on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:55 am

Which is exactly what's wrong with theirs

_________________

WeAreAllFacedWithASeriesOfGreatOpportunitiesBrilliantlyDisguisedAsImpossibleSituations
Member: http://www.gacarry.org/ http://www.georgiapacking.org/ http://www.zombiehunters.org/
avatar
Sonofagun

Posts : 56
Join date : 2012-08-16
Location : Atlanta Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated layout

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum